Crown Law provides legal services on all aspects of employment and workplace relations. This type of legal work, offered by our Workplace Law Teams, includes:
- advising Queensland Government agencies on policies and risk management
- advising government agencies on their statutory powers and functions, including under the Public Service Act 2008, such as discipline and ill health retirement
- drafting and advising on all aspects of employment contracts, including appointments, discipline and termination, dispute settlement and representation
- advising and representing the State in unfair dismissal cases
- advising on industrial relations issues, including the implications of the Industrial Relations Act 1999 and the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- advising clients about workplace health and safety matters
- acting for State Government employers in WorkCover appeals and applications for review concerning psychological injuries, including applications to intervene.