Insurance & risk
Crown Law has managed of some of the most complex and contentious personal injuries civil litigation in recent times.
Our government insurance and risk lawyers specialise in personal injury litigation, dispute resolution and risk management arising from public liability and medical negligence claims. We conduct the majority of personal injury claims against the State of Queensland and have defended many public liability and personal injury claims at trial before the Supreme and District Courts and also on appeal before the Court of Appeal and High Court.
Our government insurance and risk lawyers act on behalf of Queensland State Government departments and agencies in:
- the defence of claims for damages concerning alleged lead poisoning of children in Mt Isa
- claims arising from the death in custody of Cameron (Mulrunji) Doomadgee at the Palm Island Police Station watch house
- litigation arising from:
- the 2008 Collingwood Park subsidence event
- Childers Backpackers Hostel fire
- and from inquiries into the Bundaberg Base Hospital
- litigation involving catastrophic injuries sustained by tourists engaged in risky activities in Queensland’s National Parks
- litigation for injuries allegedly due to chemical sensitivity
- litigation involving alleged sexual abuse perpetrated on minors in the care of the State of Queensland.