Kirstin joined Crown Law in 1997 after four years in private practice. She is currently in the role of Special Counsel and has conduct of high-profile, complex public liability personal injuries cases.
Kirstin has extensive experience in personal injuries litigation, with an emphasis on transport infrastructure, public liability litigation for Queensland Ambulance Service and medical negligence matters. Prior to her appointment as Special Counsel, Kirstin was the Assistant Crown Solicitor of the medical negligence team.
Kirstin has been involved and continues to act on behalf of the State in a number of high-profile litigation claims including:
- medical negligence claims involving deaths in hospitals
- representing the Queensland Ambulance Service with regard to medical negligence claims
- product liability claims for the Queensland Ambulance Service
- claims relating to the death of a child in a Main Roads work camp
- the death in custody of a prisoner while incarcerated
- claims relating to excessive force by members of the Queensland Police Service.