Senior Principal Lawyer
Mark is an experienced Principal Lawyer in Crown Law’s Workplace Law team.
In that role, Mark acts for departments and individual respondents in relation to discrimination and harassment claims and WorkCover appeals. Mark also advises generally on employment and occupational health and safety matters.
Prior to joining Crown Law, Mark was an employment lawyer at both Blake Dawson (now Ashurst) and HWL Ebsworth.
- Representing departments in relation to various complaints of discrimination (most notably on the basis of impairment) and sexual harassment at QCAT and in the Federal Circuit Court;
- Advising departments in relation to disciplinary processes under the Public Service Act 2008;
- At Crown Law and in private practice, representing defendants in proceedings, including prosecutions, under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999. Mark has also advised generally about the application and operation of that legislation;
- Representing clients at a coronial inquest into the death of a coal mine worker in the context of occupational health and safety;
- Appealing WorkCover decisions to the QIRC and appeals to the Industrial Court.