Samantha is a Principal Lawyer in the Commercial Dispute Resolution Team where she provides specialist legal advice and representation on a broad range of commercial litigation matters including debt recovery, commercial and construction disputes, repossession, land title fraud and property damage. In 2017, Samantha completed a Master of Laws with a focus on commercial contracts.
Samantha regularly appears in the Magistrates Court, District Court and Supreme Court, the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal and the Federal Court.
Sam has conducted various commercial litigation matters for claims brought on behalf of the State or against the State including:
- claims for negligence and breach of statutory duty
- property damages claims
- damages for breach of intellectual property
- defamation claims
- land title fraud claims
- tortious actions of malicious prosecution, false imprisonment and battery
- applications for vesting of property
- fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of fiduciary duties
- breach of contract
- tenancy disputes under the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008
- recovery of possession of property
- subcontractor’s charges.
Sam regularly conducts debt recovery matters on behalf of various departments including:
- demands for payment
- proceedings in all State Courts and the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- issuing statutory demands and appearing at applications to wind up companies under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- issuing bankruptcy notices and appearing at applications for sequestration orders under the Bankruptcy Act 19
- providing advice on recovery of taxes under the Payroll Tax Act 1971
- providing advice on recovery of overpayment of wages and recovery of superannuation
- negotiating payment arrangements with debtors
- obtaining judgment by default and summary judgment
- providing advice on and preparing necessary court documentation for cost recovery and enforcement proceedings.