Crown Law has been involved in some of the State’s largest information and communications technology (ICT) projects and has provided advice on ICT issues associated with the cutting edge of technological change and its impact on government.
We specialise in developing and managing contracts under the Government Information Technology Contracting (GITC) framework including stand-alone major ICT procurement projects and standing offer arrangements. Our ICT lawyers also have extensive experience providing high-level advice to government clients on:
- cloud computing
- social media
- procurement of telecommunications
- dispute resolution
- ICT procurement.
Our experts offer extensive information and training to clients through regular Legal Updates, training workshops and conference sessions on the use of social media and cloud computing by Queensland Government departments.
- Providing advice on legislative restrictions which would prevent the departments and agencies from utilising a cloud-based email solution which employed offshore data centres.
- Assisting government agencies with the implementation and use of social media through Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and other websites.
- Advising on the use of the Queensland Government standard terms and conditions for the procurement of ICT products and services.
- Advising on a wide range of cloud-based computing contracts including budget management solutions, lifestyle management solutions and public transport management solutions.
- Assisting TransLink in drafting and negotiating the contract for their Customer First Project which made accurate, real-time public transport information available to customers through display boards, online and via mobile devices.
- Advising the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages on a contract for digitisation and database services, to assist in digitising their records dating back 100 years.
- Preparing a tailored contract for the provision of call centre services for TransLink.
- Providing advice on the legal effectiveness of Internet firewall notices and legal and criminal penalties for unauthorised access to computers.
- Electronic data protection, ensuring compliance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 and other Acts for electronic data and electronic data control and monitoring.