Crown Law provides legal services on all aspects of employment and workplace relations. This type of legal work, offered by our Workplace Law Teams, includes:
- advising Queensland Government agencies on policies and risk management
- advising government agencies on their statutory powers and functions, including under the Public Service Act 2008, such as discipline and ill health retirement
- drafting and advising on all aspects of employment contracts, including appointments, discipline and termination, dispute settlement and representation
- advising and representing the State in unfair dismissal cases
- advising on industrial relations issues, including the implications of the Industrial Relations Act 1999 and the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- advising clients about workplace health and safety matters
- acting for State Government employers in WorkCover appeals and applications for review concerning psychological injuries, including applications to intervene.
- Providing advice on an employer’s work health and safety obligations regarding the management of materials containing asbestos.
- Providing detailed advice on an agency's obligations in the event of a Hendra virus outbreak including its work health and safety obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 and relevant Codes of Practice, taking into account the legal regulatory framework within which it is required to operate.