Crown Law provides State Government clients with advice on all aspects of intellectual property (IP) law. Our IP experts have an exceptional depth of expertise, including legal and strategic issues surrounding:
- copyright including Crown copyright
- confidential information
- IP management, including commercialisation, assignments, licences, consultancy, and research and development agreements
- IP protection including misleading or deceptive conduct, passing off domain names.
- Advising on registration of trade marks, use of registered and unregistered trade marks and allegations of trade mark infringement.
- Assisting clients in securing protection for many high-profile trade marks, including ‘QAGOMA’, ‘seeQ’, ‘Asia Pacific Cycle Congress’ and ‘Kindergarten Approved Program’ trade marks.
- Advising on the appropriate use of copyright material on various social media websites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes and Google+.
- Advising on the exploitation of IP rights in an iPad application for the electronic distribution of Cabinet papers.
- Advising on whole-of-government copyright arrangements.
- Advising on the commercialisation of government IP through assignment and licensing, including assisting with the commercialisation of government developed educational material.