Assistant Crown Solicitor
Elizabeth completed a Bachelor of Laws with honours in 2008 and was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland the following year. After completing a graduate program in the private sector with Ashurst, Elizabeth settled in their insurance and litigation group before joining Crown Law in 2011. She has worked exclusively in Crown Law’s Government Insurance and Risk Team since, specialising in personal injury claims and health law matters, particularly medical negligence claims .Elizabeth has a keen interest in Health law, and has been a member of the Medico-Legal Society of Queensland for the past decade.
Elizabeth regularly defends allegations of negligence in sensitive and high profile matters on behalf of Health Services and State government departments and manages complaints referred to the Office of the Health Ombudsman. Her file load also includes the conduct of complex personal injury claims.
Elizabeth’s experience includes:
- defending complex medical negligence and health claims for the Queensland Government Insurance Fund and on behalf of the Hospital and Health Services and the Queensland Ambulance Service
- managing complaints referred to the Office of the Health Ombudsman on behalf of the Queensland Government Insurance Fund including drafting submissions and participating in conciliations to resolve complaints
- conducting public liability claims commenced under the Personal Injuries and Proceedings Act 2002 (Qld) on behalf of various departments and agencies
- conducting personal injury files on behalf of the Queensland Police Service, the Department of Education, the Department of Transport and Main Roads and the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
- drafting advices in respect to the application of various acts including the Health Act 1937 (Qld), Health Insurance Act 1973 (Cth), the Civil Liability Act 2003, Hospital and Health Boards Act 2011 (Qld) and the Pharmacy Business Ownership Act 2001 (Qld)
- acting on behalf of medical providers in coronial investigations.