Glenn is a Special Counsel in Crown Law’s Commercial and Property Team with more than 20 years’ experience. Glenn re-joined Crown Law in June 2016, having worked as a Senior Associate in the Brisbane office of a global law firm for five years.
During his tenure with Crown Law from 2006 to 2011, Glenn was the Assistant Crown Solicitor of our Planning and Environment Team. His experience also included nearly two years in the in-house legal team at the then Department of Employment and Training.
Glenn has acted for a range of clients, including the Commonwealth, State and Local Governments, as well as private sector individuals and entities. He regularly advises on the interpretation and application of the approval requirements relating to land use under legislation.
- Advising State Government departments regulating and undertaking development about statutory approval requirements and the conditions which can be lawfully imposed on these approvals under a range of legislation, including the Sustainable Planning Act 2009, State Development and Public Works Organisation Act 1971, Environmental Protection Act 1994, Transport Infrastructure Act 1994 and Transport Planning and Coordination Act 1994.
- Advising departments undertaking the development of infrastructure projects about the statutory approvals required and the structuring of those approvals.
- Advising departments about the compulsory acquisition of land and the compensation payable for the compulsory acquisition of land, for a range of transport, health and community safety projects.
- Advising on draft legislation and proposed legislative amendments to the Integrated Planning Act 1997, State Development and Public Works Organisation Act 1971, Sustainable Planning Act 2009, Transport Infrastructure Act 1994 and Transport Planning and Coordination Act 1994.
- Advising Ministers about ministerial powers under legislation, including ministerial call ins under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and the Integrated Planning Act 1997.
- Conducting litigation in the Planning and Environment Court under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009, Integrated Planning Act 1997 and Environmental Protection Act 1994 on behalf of State of Queensland, Queensland government departments and Ministers.
- Conducting litigation in the Supreme Court of Queensland about ministerial call ins under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and the Integrated Planning Act 1997.
- Acting for a proponent in the competitive bid process for the mandate to develop the Queen’s Wharf Brisbane project, including coordinating the response to legal issues as part of the bid team, advising on land use approval requirements, infrastructure charges, project development, tenure and probity issues.
- Acting for the Minister for Economic Development Queensland in the drafting of infrastructure agreements for priority development areas and for the delivery of priority development infrastructure.
- Acting for statutory authorities and the Coordinator-General in relation to the management of claims for the compulsory acquisition of land.