Elene had been practising law in the private sector for seven years before joining Crown Law in 2009.
Elene provides specialist legal advice to clients on commercial property matters, including leasing, acquisitions, due diligence, disposals, State land tenure and Indigenous land matters.
She has worked on many high-profile projects, including the acquisition and sale of shopping centres, commercial and retail CBD buildings, former school and TAFE sites, surplus Government properties and major development sites.
Elene’s role in commercial law and property law includes:
- commercial and retail leasing
- drafting and negotiating trustee leases under the Land Act 1994, Aboriginal Land Act 1991, Torres Strait Islander Land Act 1991
- conveyancing and title correction
- drafting and negotiating complex special conditions for inclusion into contracts of sale to address issues specific to the sale of the property
- property related aspects of Indigenous Land Use Agreements
- reviewing and advising on contracts and tender documents
- drafting and negotiating agreements for lease
- dealings with freehold land under the Land Title Act 1994
- conducting due diligence and preparing detailed due diligence reports for major acquisitions
- drafting and negotiating terms of easements, licences and statutory covenants
- drafting conservation agreements and other authorities under the Nature Conservation Act 1992
- providing advice on general lease management and Retail Shop Leases Act 1994 related issues
- drafting Indigenous Management Agreements under the Aboriginal Land Act 1991 and the Nature Conservation Act 1992
- providing advice on tenure issues arising with dealings over Crown land and dealings under the Land Act 1994